Home » News » Cover Letter

Cover Letter

Dear (insert name)

I am a Physician Assistant student graduating in December 2019 from CUNY York College, and I am very interested in being hired for the Physician Assistant opening in your ______ DEPT.

During my life I have always found joy in providing care to others, which is why I chose to become a Physician Assistant. As a Physician Assistant, I hope to be empathetic with my patients and be able to provide quality compassionate care to them. I believe in order to be good providers we must also understand the importance of being culturally aware when treating our patients. My volunteer experience at New York Hospital of Queens (ED and L&D) consisted of a very diverse, culturally rich population, giving me the opportunity to become a more culturally informed individual.

As a Medical assistant I develop my EMR skills, along with adopting good interviewing and procedural skills. As I made my transition to site manager of the Urgent care, I was able to increase my interpersonal skills, and time management skills. Since providers are constantly on the frontline of patient care, it is important to work well under pressure, and stay calm and collected when confronted with stress full situations. Being in charge of patient satisfaction during my role as manager allowed me to become well prepared in handling stressful situations, a skill that can be very valuable to me as a provider. Furthermore, the knowledge I attained during my clinical rotations has given me a solid foundation for practice and has helped me adopt great bedside manners. Additionally, I am confident my ability to speak multiple languages (Pashto, Urdu, and English) can help me overcome the language barrier during many of my future patient interactions. My clinical and personal experiences have shaped me into a more patient, empathetic, and culturally competent provider.

My ability to work well with team members, good work ethic, strong communication skills, and fluency in multiple languages, makes me a good candidate for this position. I strongly believe I can be a valuable addition to your team, and I hope you will consider me for this position. Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Best,

Toor Noori